In this post, we will see what is cloud? What are the best cloud service providers of 2018? We will also see some of the unique features offered by every one of them. Along with how to get started with each one of them also. Let’s get started with what is cloud.
What is Cloud:
Public cloud providers are basically companies that have lots of computers working in sync with each other to provide computer and data resource to the users who are asking and paying for it. These computing and data resources are delivered over the internet. Cloud is a type of computing service where the individuals and business rely on a third party for their computing and data power. Cloud is a utility that companies make use of in exchange for money.
KNOW MORE ON WHAT IS CLOUD
That being said, the users of the cloud providers have to worry about the price they pay for using the resources and internet. The internet connection they have need not be stable or fast enough. In the cloud side, the internet connection is usually very stable and fast. Cloud providers also have a huge collection of computers and data centers. If any of the computers were to fail, it will get immediately replaced by another and therefore the users who are using the cloud service will not notice anything.
Cloud computing empowers a user to access all the computing resources from any device from a PC, Mac to even an android phone. The User does not have to worry about the infrastructure need to set up the datacenters, electricity, or upgrading the technology with time as all of it is taken care by the cloud providers.
Now that we have seen what is cloud lets us see who are the best Cloud Service providers in 2018
Best cloud service providers in 2018:
Amazon web service has been one of the most successful Cloud service providers ever. It was started in March 2006 and ever since has been providing a variety of cloud services to users around the world. AWS made $17.54 billion in revenue in the year 2017 alone. AWS has an annual run rate of about $20 billion.
AWS provides a variety of cloud services and they can be broadly classified as the following:
- Networking and Content Delivery
- Developer tools
- Management tools
- Machine Learning
- AR and VR
- Application Integration
- Customer Engagement
- Business Productivity
- Desktop and App Streaming
To start using the AWS services today, the users can use the AWS free tier. It offers 12 months free and always free products. AWS Free tier includes offers that expire 12 months following sign up and others that never expire.
- Create a AWS account.
- Learn with 10 minutes tutorial.
- Start building with AWS right away.
Microsoft Azure started in February 2010 and so it is younger than most cloud providers but it is easily one of the most successful cloud providers. In 2017 alone Microsoft Azure earned $24.7 billion. Azure is also a cloud service provider with an annual run rate of $20 billion.
Microsoft Azure provides very sophisticated hybrid cloud technology. Hybrid Cloud lets companies have some of the hardware on-premises and the remaining in the cloud. This lets the users use their legacy applications from in their on-premises computers and the more recent technology in the cloud. This has enabled the businesses that rely extensively on legacy applications to migrate to the cloud.
To start using Microsoft Azure for free, create an Azure account for free. With Azure free account the users will get the following services for free:
- $150 for 30 days to explore all the services and test its performance.
- 12 months of free service.
- 25+ always free service.
The users can use this free service to
- Test and deploy enterprise apps
- Create a custom mobile experience
- Gain insights from your data.
FOR COMPLETE COMPARISON BETWEEN AWS AND AZURE
IBM cloud is one of the oldest contenders in the public cloud business. IBM started its first Virtualization in 1960 with the development of the virtual machine. In 2007 IBM announced its first strategy as a cloud service provider for Enterprise customers. With that IBM build cloud servers and provide services to cover the gaps in the offerings of other cloud providers at that time. In 2017 IBM announced $17 Billion in revenue that puts in among the top three cloud providers.
The key features of IBM cloud are:
- Offers the broadest range of relational to NoSQL database while ensuring consistency.
- It is AI ready.
- High security for data and compute resources.
One can start IBM cloud for free with the following features:
- Guaranteed free development with light plans.
- Credit Card info is not needed and one can start working in simple few steps.
- Get $200 for free to use upon resources and scale them later.
Sales Force was founded in 1999. In 2017 it made a revenue of $8.39 billion. Unlike the previous other Cloud Service Provider, Sales Force offers the worlds best Customer Relation Management Service. With its service cloud, the users can support any customer anytime, anywhere. With SalesForce 1 to 1 marketing is possible as it offers the CRM service. The users can improve customer partner, employee engagement.
By using SalesForce now, the uses can get the following benefits:
- The first AI build right into CRM.
- Give every employee data-driven insights.
- Mobile first CRM, the users will be able to run the whole business from a phone.
- It has the best performance. IDC ranked SalesForce as #1 performer for 4 years.
Digital Ocean was started in June 2011. By December 2015, Digital Ocean became the second largest hosting company in the world in terms of web-facing computers. Digital Ocean made an annual run rate of $175 million. While Cloud Giants such as Azure and AWS are fighting for the number one position, Digital Ocean, a small startup up made millions of dollars by targetting small start-ups.
By using Digital Ocean the users will get the following benefits.
- Provision multiple Droplets in seconds using the control panel.
- Get the compute resource needed for the app with standard optimized droplets.
- Use pre-built application
- Deploy the apps anywhere on the globe.
- Developers around the world use Digital Ocean to build deploy and test applications.
Google Cloud Platform:
Google Cloud Platform was started in October 2011. Google Cloud Platform bought in about $4 billion in revenue in 2017. With GCP the users can use google’s core infrastructure, data centers to build application and software faster. It provides Google’s core infrastructure, data analytics, and machine learning. GCP is more inclined to Open Source.
With Google Cloud Platform free tier the users get,
- 12 months $300 free credit to get started with any GCP product.
- Free usage limits on participating products for eligible customers.
Oracle Cloud is the public cloud computing service offered by Oracle. Oracle Cloud made $9.6 billion revenue in 2017. Oracle Cloud is good at providing leading-edge capabilities in software as a service, infrastructure as a service, platform as a service and data as service.
- The users can try Oracle cloud for free for 30 days and $300
- Using the credits, users can build production-ready workloads including a variety of cloud services database, compute, containers, Iot, and big data.
- Sign up, learn from technical resources and start building with Oracle Cloud.
Adobe Cloud gives the users the entire collection of Desktop and mobile apps from essentials like Photoshop CC to next-generation tool like Adobe XD CC. The users can get built-in templates and step by step tutorial on how to use Adobe cloud. Unlike most Public Cloud providers, Adobe cloud gives Adobe software solutions. With its creative cloud Adobe brought in $1.39 billion as revenue.
The pricing of Adobe Creative Cloud is given below:
- Photography $9.99 per month LightRoom CC, LightRoom Classic CC, Photoshop CC and 20GB Cloud Storage
- Single App $20.99 per month: Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC or Adobe XD CC, 100GB Cloud Storage, Your Own portfolio website, Premium Fonts and social media tools.
- All Apps $52.99 per month The whole collection of 20+ Desktop and mobile apps including Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and Adobe XD CC with 100GB of Cloud Storage, Own portfolio website, premium fonts, and social media tools, and a good 10TB of cloud storage available.
- All Apps + Adobe Stock $82.98 per month. The whole collection of 20+ Desktop and mobile apps including Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and Adobe XD CC. The first month of Adobe stock images is free with 10 images per month. Get 10 free adobe stock images. Cancel Adobe Stock Risk-Free within the first month.
DropBox was launched in June 2007 on the web and the application was launched in the corresponding OS subsequently later on. In 2017 Dropbox made a revenue of $1.11 billion. Dropbox allows the company grow without any limits while the users can maintain complete control over important company information and user activity.
- Standard Tier $12.5 with 2TB of space for 3 users.
- Advanced Tier $20 with unlimited space for 3 users along with sophisticated admin, audit and integrated features.
- Enterprice Tier offers customizable solution for the users.
You can securely store and access your content with Verizon cloud. With Verison Photos, the users can
- Edit photos online and enhance them.
- Backup and sync automatically.
- Stories automatically organize photos and videos automatically.
- Store Photos, Videos, Contacts, Documents, Call Logs, Text Messages, Music.
- Share select media content to the TV or favorite apps.
- Access it on smartphone, tablet or desktop.
- 500GB for $5 per month.
- 1TB for $9.99 per month.
We saw some of the best clous service providers in 2018, their revenue and how to start using for free. If you would like to start using for free, you should check out the ones mentioned in the best cloud service provider of 2018. If you want to know what is cloud check out what is cloud. To know who is better in aws vs azure use this link.
Be the first to write a comment.