When your new business starts getting more customers and the previous customers start returning more often you will need to have more people working for you. The will consequently increase the size of the workforce in your company and so will increase the need for collaboration. The better collaboration will result in faster work execution and better customer satisfaction. To make collaboration between the worker possible companies like Microsoft and Google have Productivity focused solutions. Microsoft Offers Office 365 and Google has to offer G Suite. But which one of these is best for you. Let us see.
The world is fast and therefore you have to know g suite vs office 365 results faster. In this post, we will show you the latest offerings by Microsoft and Google for business and enterprise users, we will also look at a comparison between them along with a conclusion that points out which one of them is a clear winner.
Microsoft Office 365:
Let us Start off with looking some of the features that are offered by Microsoft Office 365.
What is Office 365:
If you are already an office user, then you will find it very easy to migrate to Office 365 and see that it is very similar to Office but with a very enhanced user experience. Let’s see what Office 365 is, what are the apps that are included along with the services and also the benefits of using Office 365.
- We can notice that the apps that we have been using are the same familiar ones that we have been using in Office for all these years.
- The only difference is that they are more mature and consistent across a variety of devices that includes mobile too.
- With Office 365 the world has moved to a time where the users will be able to get the current version of an app on any device as the updates are rolled out.
What is included in Office 365? It includes all the familiar apps that are available in a more dynamic way that helps the user to communicate and collaborate in a more efficient way. Microsoft also includes a suite of services to make Enterprise level collaboration more efficient.
For Example, OneNote is a place for Notetaking. In OneNote, the users can take notes, add links, add images, add different kinds of content directly into it. It can be thought of as a digital notebook. Sign on different devices and see your notes show up and sync across all the devices.
Office 365 Services:
The following are Office 365 key services.
- Always the latest version of Office Apps and Office Web Apps. These include Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Skype for Communication.
- Sharepoint for document storing under which Onedirve falls.
- Exchange provides Email functionality.
The delivered services are available on any device. It is available on all the platforms too. With the cloud, Microsoft offers a use-based licence which follows the users everywhere and all of their devices. Office 365 allows the users to download Office up 5 PCs or Macs, 5 Mobile phones, 5 Tablets.
Office in the Cloud:
Typically all the organizations run their apps in a central Data Center managed by that organization. Cloud is when an Organization like Microsoft Provide the Compute Power, Storage and the Apps to other organization so the organization does not have to worry about managing anything themselves.
Office 365 is:
and it is every one of the above features for 365 days a year and hence Office 365. It is very secure.
When the User’s Office documents are stored in OneDrive or other Online Libraries, the user can work with them using the Office Online solution.
The Modern Office experience aims to provide the Office experience across all the devices owned by the user using the power of the cloud.
How Office 365 will help you with work:
Anywhere, Anytime and Any device: If you are on a Mac and own an Android device it does not matter, Office 365 gives a consistent and clean experience across all the platform and devices.
- OneDrive for business allows you to Collaborate on Office Documents in real time.
- Get started with file, sync and share easily.
- Securely store, sync, and share work files from any device or platform.
If the User uses Ondrive for storing the file, the user can edit and the changes will get reflected in all the devices that the user uses also the changes can be seen by other users who have the permission to see the file.
Skype for business helps the right people collaborate if or not the people are across the hall or across the country. Screen Sharing, Real-time note taking, instant message, Desktop sharing, Whiteboard, Record session, upload and manage powerpoint etc are some of the great feature available only on Skype for business.
Outlook is another one of the offerings from Office 365. It is one destination for emails and Calender. It is many great features. It can be accessed natively on all the platform also it can be access from the outlook online service too.
There are other many services offered by Office 365 but covering them all in one post is not efficient. If you would like to know more about Office 365, let us know in the comments below.
Office vs Office 365:
Let us see what is the difference between Office Professional 2016 and Office 365. It is a common misconception that Office has been named changed to Office 365 but they are an entirely different product.
Microsoft Office has been around for a very long time. It started in 1990 with just Word, Powerpoint and, Excel.
As Office matured with time, Microsoft started adding more software solutions and in office 2016 we can see a whole range of software for different enterprise and business needs.
We can now see the Office 2016 has Access, Excel, OneDrive for Business, OneNote, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher, Skype for Business , Word and a variety of other applications that comes with Office 2016.
Users often think that Office 365 is the same product as Office 2016 but it isn’t. Office 2016 is a suite of applications that have been evolving for 25 years while Office 365 is a subscription solution that allows the user to purchase solutions such as Exchange Online, Sharepoint online and so on.
In Office 365 we can see that the service is broadly divided into For Home and For Office. The Office 356 For Home includes mainly only of offline applications and therefore we are interested only in Office 365 For Business.
By clicking on look for more options we can get more variety of services to choose from.
By scrolling down you can see the different services and applications offered by different plans. We can see that The Enterprise E1 does not offer any of the offline applications. If you scroll down more, you can see the services offered by the different plans.
Office 2016 is software at its core. It is a collection of software that the users will pay once and use it for as long as they want. If there is an update, they have to pay for the update and get the updated version of the software if they choose to do so.
But the new method of using office software is through a subscription, depending on the plan, the users will get the corresponding software and updates when they are rolled out for as long as they are subscribed.
The users can login into the office 365 portal and see all the services and applications that are available with their subscription.
In this image, we can see that we have Word online, Excel online, Outlook and more.
G Suite by Google:
At first, Google offered free apps called the Google Apps. It was Google’s first solution for an educational institution, a non-profit organization, and even startups. But in 2011 Google stopped its free service. After stopping the Free service, Google focused on the business solution that included Gmail, Google calendar, Google contacts etc.
Special editions also emerged after that, such as Google Apps for Education, Google apps for Non-profits. Google Apps for Education is free and it is widely appreciated.
In 2014 there was another Rebranding that included Google Apps for Work, Google Apps for Work Unlimited, Google Apps for Edu and NFP.
Looking at Google’s solution for Enterprise we can see that Google Apps is a part of Google Cloud Platform.
The latest addition to Google G Suite:
App Maker is Google’s solution to make apps. It is used to make Corporate level Web apps with just a few drag and drop. It speeds up the process of Web App making for Corporates.
Google made Substantial updates to Google Sites in June 2016. It now includes real-time editing, instant mobile optimization, Complete integration with google apps. Google Sites makes making a site as easy as making a docs template. It is interesting to note that the users can create a new Google site just like creating a new doc or spreadsheet from their Google Drive. This means that, for Enterprise users, they can have unlimited sites and for home or basic users they are limited to 30GB of storage but it is plenty for making multiple sites.
With Team drive, all the files in the project are kept in a folder in the Google Drive and all the users in the project can access the files and edit them in real time.
Considering all that let us see if your organization really needs to upgrade to G Suite or not.
- With G Suite for business, you will not have to worry about Cloud storage because there is unlimited offering.
- If the business depends on third-party applications, It is really essential for the user to subscribe to G Suite for business.
- G Suite for Business offers e-Discovery of mail and Drive.
- Admin functionality is very critical in G Suite for business. With Admin functionality the user can decide what each user can access or can not access and apply permission for editing, reading or writing etc.
G Suite vs Office 365:
Now that we have seen the offerings and uniqueness of each of the services lets see what they have to offer above each other in each of the following categories.
- The Office 365 home comes in Three price variants
- Office 365 Home is $99.99 per year
- Office 365 Personal is $69.99 per year
- And Office Home and Student 2016 for PC is $149.99 a one time purchase.
While the Business plans are priced as:
- Office 365 Business is $8.25 per user per month
- Office 365 Business Premium is $12.50 per user per month
- Office 365 Business Essentials is $5.00 per user per month
Scroll down on the G Suite Official site and you will see a list of categories in which G Suite is offered.
- G Suite for New Business is $5.0 per user per month.
- G Suite for Small Business is divided into to, Basic is $5.0 per user per month and Business is $10.0 per user per month.
- G Suite for Enterprise also has two subcategories Business is $10.0 per user per month and Enterprise is $25.0 per user per month.
- G Suite for teams is $10 per user per month.
- Office 365 for Home that costs $99.99 per user per month offers 1TB of Cloud Storage up to 5 users.
- Office 365 Personal that costs $69.99 per user per month offers 1TB of cloud storage for one user.
- Office 365 Business, Business Premium and Business Essential offer 1TB of Cloud Storage.
- G Suite Basic Edition has 30GB of online storage.
- G Suite New Business has 30GB of online storage for $5 per user per month.
- Office 365 for Home does not include Email at all.
- Office 365 for Business Premium and Business Essentials offers 50GB of Mail Box and custom email address.
- G Suite Basic plan offers only 30GB of in box size.
- G Suite Business plan offers unlimited storage for Mail Box.
Microsoft Office offers offline tools with the Office 365 subscription (It depends on the plan). No matter how good the internet connection is or how much the company affords a data plan, the most useable computing power comes from the device under use. And Office Applications are easily the most powerful Productivity Suit that is out there. Google Suite can also be used offline with the help of Chrome browser but it is not as powerful as Microsoft Office.
Collaboration is what makes Productivity suite in the cloud useful. If Collaboration is not available, Productivity Suit on the cloud is pointless. G Suite was previously known for its real-time collaboration. A few years ago Microsoft really to offer such real-time collaboration. But now Microsoft Offers real-time collaboration that is on par with G Suite. To be able to see real-time collaboration, use the Office Online tools to do that.
Google being an internet-based company can offer a better online solution and real-time collaboration. Microsoft being a productivity-based company is capable of giving the latest productivity solution, unlike any other companies. Microsoft recently Ventured into Cloud Business with the Microsoft Azure and is already the leader dominating the market with its best in class offerings. Combine that with is years long experience with productivity based softwares Office 365 is easily the go to solution for users who are looking for Cloud based productivity. Hope you enjoyed the information provided in this article. If you would like to know more about any of the information give please ask in the comments below. For more such content, stay tuned to My Pc Updates.