In this article we will show you how to download and install Internet Explorer for Mac. Please follow the given instructions to use Internet Explorer 11 in Mac. Internet Explorer is not included in Mac by default but some users might want to try it. Below is the list of instructions to install Internet Explorer in Mac. Before installing the browser, be sure to know about it and then check out the instructions to install it.
LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES? CHECK OUT BEST BROWSER FOR MAC
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Internet Explorer is a web browser included in Windows operating system. It used to be the most popular operating web browser in 2003. With Windows 10, Microsoft has introduced Microsoft Edge, a browser Microsoft claims to be the best browser. But it is to be noted that Microsoft has still included Microsoft Internet Explorer even in its latest version of Windows 10. The latest Version of Internet Explorer is Internet Explorer 11.
Internet Explorer 11 is included with Windows 10 because there are websites that will run only in Internet Explorer but not in Microsoft Edge. Legacy Web applications written for Microsoft Internet Explorer works well only in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This is even more reasons to install internet explorer for mac.
Internet Explorer for Mac:
Internet Explorer for Mac is a Free Web Browser made by Microsoft for Mac users. It should be noted that Internet Explorer for Mac has been discontinued for Mac. Microsoft stopped releases for Internet Explorer for Mac on 31st December 2005 and completely removed the browser from the Mac download site on 31 Jan 2006.
But we have given a technique to install Internet Explorer in Mac. We will first install Windows 10 in Mac and use Internet Explorer as well as Microsoft Edge in Mac.
The following instructions consist of installing Boot Camp in Mac and then installing Windows 10. After installing Windows 10, The reader will be able to use Internet Explorer for Mac.
Requirements to install Windows 10 in mac:
- The latest version of Windows 10 from Microsoft Store.
- License Key activate it (0ptional).
- USB thumb drive with a capacity of 8GB or higher.
- Space in Mac 40GB or higher (recommended).
Before the readers get started with the process, it is highly recommended to backup all the files.
- Search in the Web Browser for Windows 10 Iso Download
- Click on the first link, it is Microsoft Official Link.
- It will open the Windows 10 Iso download page.
- Select the editioin of Windows 10
- Select the language of Windows 10 and click Confirm.
- Now select the between Windows 10 32bit and Windows 10 64bit. In our case we are choosing Windows 10 64bit for a 2012Mac book.
- This will start the Download as shown in the figure.
Using Boot camp for Mac:
- Bootcamp can be found using Spotlights.
- Bootcamp can be found using Applications>Utilities.
- Launch Bootcamp and you will see the following screen click on Continue.
- You will see the following screen where all the availale options are self explainatory. Leave all the check boxes checked and click Continue.
- In the following screen, the users should select the ISO file from the downloads folder if it is not shown automatically. Also ensure that the destination folder is the USB thumb drive.
- Click Continue if all the options are selected properly.
- It will warn that the thumb drive will be formatted and earased, click Continue.
- It will format the thumb drive and copy windows files form the ISO. This process can take some time.
- After the process is complete. Mac will prompt to enter Admin and Password.
- Choose the space you desire to give Windows and click Continue.
- Enter Password again in the next pop up. This will initiate the Windows Installation Process.
Installing Windows 10 in Mac for using Internet Explorer for Mac:
- In the following screen, select Language, Currency and Time, and Keyboard. Now click Next.
- Enter the product key or click on I dont have a product key and click on Next.
- Select the operating system that you want to install.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and click on Next.
- In the next page you will be greeted with a warning in the bottom, click on it.
- This warning can be easily removed.
- Click on the drive that is labeled Boot Camp. And click on format. (Be careful to not to click a Mac drive)
- This will initiate Windows installation.
Prepairing Windows for Mac:
- Click on File Explorer.
- Click on WININSTALL in the left pane.
- Open the Bootcamp folder.
- Run the Setup.
- in the bottom right, click on the icon shown in the image, to restart into Mac.
This will let the user to Switch back to Mac after using Internet Explorer
Boot into Windows From Mac:
- Select on System Preference.
- Select the Startup Disk.
- Click on the lock icon to enter Password.
- Select Windows BOOTCAMP and click on Restart.
Following the above instractions will allow the user to boot into windows when he/she wants to use Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer for Mac:
- Click on the Start Button.
- Type Internet Explorer and choose form the result.
- This will open Internet Explorer.
- Use the top right gear icon and about to see the version of Internet Explorer for Mac
Internet Explorer is one of the popular Web Broswer offered by Microsoft while the other one being Microsoft Edge. Some Mac users might want to use Internet Explorer in their Mac computer and the above article lets them do just that. Here we install Windows 10 using Bootcamp and load Internet Explorer. This has accomplished the tast and internet can be browsed using Internet explorer for mac.
Be the first to write a comment.