Hello guys, today we are going to help you with installing Mozilla Firefox offline installer. Before starting we get started, we would like to let you know that this process will always work. That means that, the user can come after a long time and still use this process for Mozilla Firefox offline installer. Also, performing this process will always give the user the most recent version of Firefox in their computer.
Learn more about Mozilla Free download for windows 10 here.
Downloading the setup file:
The Mozilla Firefox offline installer is not easily available as the official website of Firefox does not provide a direct link for getting the offline installer. We have divided the process of installing the Mozilla Firefox offline installer into two steps. The first step is to get the setup. The second step is to install the browser. Finally we will also give the bonus link to install Firefox without using the first step at all.
So be with us as we show you how to install Mozilla Firefox offline installer.
Get the Mozilla Firefox setup:
- Make sure that you default browser is not Mozilla Firefox. The user can see that, for us, the default browser is Microsoft Edge.
- Go to Mozilla Firefox official website at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/
- Click on the download Firefox link.
- Download the online installer that you will get. It is only about 304 kB.
- Turn of you internet connection.
- Now run the setup by double clicking on it.
- The setup will start running as shown in the image and after 30 seconds it will show an error message.
- Click on Ok and the hidden offline downloader link will open in the browser.
- Click on the download link and get the offline downloader.
- AS of now, the Mozilla Firefox Quantum is only 34Mb in download size. It is Mozilla Firefox 57 which is the newest and the best Firefox to date.
Steps to install Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to the download location of the Mozilla Firefox offline installer.
- Double click on the Setup file.
- It will show the extracting dialog box.
- Click Next on the welcome page of Mozilla Firefox offline installer.
- Choose the type of installation that you want to proceed with.
- Note that custom lets you to choose the install location.
- Select the options you like form the next window.
- Now click install in the final page and wait for the installation to start.
- The installation will take few minutes and now you are all set to enjoy the fast browsing given by the Firefox 57 or Mozilla Firefox Quantum.
Link for Mozilla Firefox offline installer:
As the user may have already noticed that the offline installer is not easily available. It is there only for the users who encounter the slow internet connection problem. We have made getting to this offline installer link easier than ever before. We have done the Step for the users and the users can simply use the link given below to download the offline installer. And follow the Step two to install the browser on their own. Mozilla Firefox offline installer here.
Download and install Mozilla Firefox offline installer for Mac:
Download and install Mozilla Firefox offline installer for mac in a quick set up tour here.
- Launch safari and go to google official site.
- Search for Mozilla Firefox in google.
- One of the top search results is Mozilla Firefox.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox link from the official site.
- Click on the Download link. Depending on the browser, here Safari, the download will progress.
- The download can be a large file.
- Double click on the Downloaded file. It is a .dmg file.
- Now we have to just drag the Firefox logo into the applications folder.
- Copying of the Firefox can take some time.
- Now click on spotlight. Type Firefox and the first hit should be Firefox.
- You will be prompted with a message if or not you are sure to use it or not.
- It will ask if you want to import anything from any other web browser.
Download and install Firefox for Linux:
The following is the procedure to download and install Firefox in Linux. Linux is an open source operating system. If you are running Linux in your Pc, the instructions given below will help you download and install Mozilla Firefox offline installer and install it in your Linux PC. Happy browsing!
- Launch the terminal in Linux.
- Use the following command first.
- Extract it using the following command
tar xvf firefox-47.0.tar.bz2
- Now go into the directory where it got installed using the following command.
- Check what is the current version of Firefox installed in the computer.
- Firefox is probably already installed. We will create a soft link to the newer version and remove the link from the older version.
- Rename the older version of Firefox to something else.
mv usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefox-old
- You will be required to switch to root user to do the previous step.
- Now create the soft link to the newer version.
ln -s /full-path/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
- Full path is the path where we have installed the new version of Firefox.
- Now again check for the version.
- You will notice that the Firefox has now updated to a newer version.
We have given you methods of installing Mozilla Firefox offline installer in three most popular operating systems. To start with we provided the instructions to get the Mozilla Firefox offline installer link directly from the setup file. Then we gave the link to totally skip the step to obtain the link manually. Then we gave the technique to install Mozilla Firefox for mac using the offline installer. Then finally we concluded the tutorial with method of installing Mozilla Firefox offline installer in Linux distributions. Bare in mind that the installation will vary depending on the flavor of Linux that is being used.